Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrapping Up 2009

I'm suppose to post up my very last part of KK.

But yet, as 2010 draws closer, i felt a stronger urge to do a wrap up on my year 2009. It feels good to look back at the whole year and reflect on the events that took place. The experience gain and what i had become or at least learn from the things that took place. I think i will just do this every yr, like how i closed my 2008 chapter. (click here)

Year 2009 had definitely been a very eventful year for me. It showered me with quite a handful of experience that will forever be a part of me. I had blogged about most of them tho so im not gna repeat grandmother stories here. (read the archieves! :) )

I had made it to the tallest mountain in South East Asia , attempted white water rafting which i had been wanting to do so for a longest time, had an only mum and i holiday in Bangkok which was totally awesome despite the whole H1N1 scare, appeared in magazines and newspaper (for good reasons of course) more than i ever had (look for Glamour Moments and In Magazines/Newspaper labels), won a Miss Body Beautiful title ( i'm still amazed), celebrated my birthday on a very beautiful island, took some pretty nice underwater pics, won a set of Anna Sui cosmetics through my blog, wrote some ads on my blog and of course attending EAMSC and got to know a whole bunch of amazing funny doctors to be.

But to top it all, my most amazing experience in year 2009 will be taking that step to sign up for Miss World Malaysia 2009 and even managed to won a subsidiary title from the pageant. The post-pageant days had got me thinking a lot. A lot more on myself as a medical student and this choice of profession i had chosen 4 years ago. My lecturer used to say this to us when we were in year 1 and 2. He said that 'medical students and doctors will need to sacrifice a lot for this profession that we choose'. This sentence had never been more true than it is now. Once we made this decision to become a medical professional, our life path is different from anyone else. Not to say we had to be nerdy or boring. But it is one course of field that is so broad i don tink there's such thing as 'finish studying'. The medical field is evolving everyday and there's changes everyday. To keep up with the latest changes is another broad scope to cover, whats more we are just students still trying to get the basics straight. I'm more certain than ever that above everything else, being a doctor is still my ultimate ambition and with that, many more sacrifices had got to be made. Sacrifices are never easy, but whats easy in life right?

Anyway, a new year approaches and i hope it will mean better time for everyone. Ny resolutions? I will make them as i go along the year. I believe that there's no point making resolutions that u cant keep at the end of the day.

Lastly, happy 2010 everyone. They say if you start the first day right, everything will be right for the rest of the year. So lets all start 1/1/2010 right and happy. :)



Best Blogger Tips

1 fondue dips :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.